FETAC Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor Course (5 days)
This FETAC Level 6 Manual Handling instructor course is for individuals who wish to carry out risk assessments & provide manual handling training in the workplace. It is a five day, interactive course which is delivered in three modules over three weeks with a half day follow up three months later. Successful participants will receive a FETAC Level 6 Special Purpose Certificate in Manual Handling Instruction.
This FETAC level 6 Manual handling Instructor course is run on an open public basis as well as in-house for organisations who wish to train a group of employees within their organisation to carry out risk assessments & deliver manual handling training.
Aim - FETAC Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor Course
The aim of this FETAC Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to carry out manual handling risk assessments & to effectively design and deliver manual handling instruction in the workplace.
Objectives - FETAC Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor Course
On completion of this FETAC Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor course learners will be able to:
- Explain the main components of relevant manual handling health and safety legislation
- Define the main components of the spinal column
- Explain the main risk factors for back injuries related to manual handling
- Describe the concepts of ergonomics in relation to manual handling
- Explain the manual handling risk assessment process
- To be able to carry out manual handling risk assessments
- Describe a range of controls to avoid and reduce the risk of manual handling injuries
- Apply the main principles of inanimate manual handling to a range of manual handling tasks
- Analyse the learners performance of manual handling techniques
- Develop inanimate manual handling training courses
- Deliver effective manual handling training courses
- Demonstrate understanding of adult learning principles
- Give effective instruction in practical manual handling techniques Demonstrate an understanding of adult learning principles
Entry Requirements - FETAC Level 6 Manual Handling Instructor
Candidates must have good communication and public speaking skills and be fluent in the English language and able to speak it in an accent that is easily understood.
• Candidates should be reasonably fit and have no back or joint problems as manual handling training is a physically demanding course to deliver.
• It is not recommended that pregnant women undertake this course. A letter from the doctor will be required if a candidate is pregnant.
Why choose us?
•Our Experience (15 years)
•The qualifications of our team (All have a healthcare background & hands on experience)
•We like training and are friendly, supportive & good fun
Contact us for more information or to book a course