Patient Handling Instructor Refresher Course (2 days)
This two day patient handling instructor refresher course is for candidates who hold a FETAC Level 6 patient handling instructor certificate and who wish to update their knowledge and skills and to keep abreast of current developments in the area of patient handling.
Content - Patient Handling Instructor Refresher Course
- The new HSE National Manual Handling and People Handling Policy
- Use of the HSE eLearning ‘Manual Handling Awareness Program’
- Guidance for training in the use of hoists and a hoist training checklist
- Practice of power point presentations
- Introduction to new people handling equipment and aids
- Revision of manual handling & patient handling techniques
- Problem solving & sharing of best practice through peer review.
Entry Requirements - Patient Handling Instructor Refresher course:
Course participants must hold a FETAC level 6 patient handling instructor certificate. Candidates should be free from injury or back and joint problems which would interfere with their ability to participate in the practical aspect of this course. Candidates who are pregnant must have either a letter from their doctor or have undergone a pregnancy assessment in their workplace which deems them fit to undertake manual handling & patient handling tasks.
On completion of this two day Patient Handling Instructor refresher Course, each candidate will receive a certificate of attendance issued by Safety First Training.
- Why Choose to do your training with Us?
- Our Experience (15 years)
- The qualifications of our team (All have a healthcare background & hands on experience)
- We like training and are friendly, supportive & good fun
Contact us for more information or to book a course