Patient Handling Refresher Training Course (One Day)
Both the Health & Safety Authority & HIQUA require that those caring for people must undergo refresher training on a regular basis. We provide a one day patient handling refresher training course for those wishing to recertify and update their skills.
Content - Patient Handling Refresher Training Course
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Structure & Injury to the spine
- Importance of fitness & an awareness of how to use strong leg muscles to protect the back.
- Risk assessment & care plans
- Principles of lifting
- Revision & practice of Manual Handling & patient handling techniques
- Revision of hoisting principles & safe use of the hoist
- Problem Solving
Entry Requirements - Patient Handling Training Refresher course:
Candidates should be free from injury or back and joint problems which would interfere with their ability to participate in the practical aspect of this course. Candidates who are pregnant must have either a letter from their doctor or have undergone a pregnancy assessment in their workplace which deems them fit to undertake manual handling & patient handling tasks
On completion of this one day Patient Handling Training Course candidates will receive a certificate of attendance issued by Safety First Training.
Why Choose to do your training with Us?
Our Experience (15 years)
The qualifications of our team (All have a healthcare background & hands on experience)
- We like training and are friendly, supportive & good fun
Contact us for more information or to book a course